PDA

View Full Version : Forum advertising

darren
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Hey everyone, we are placing an ad in kit car builder announcing our new forum. I have a week to decide the layout or theme. We have the URL www.TalkCobra.com and might change or add the name because it's easier to remember then talk@CobraRegistry.com. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Also, any ideas on getting the word out will be helpful. I sent an email to CC and FFR to advertise and have not received a response. LOL. Thanks everyone. Let's make this forum fun and free. :cool:

Stentor
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I think that www.TalkCobra.com is a bit easier to recall than talk@CobraRegistry.com.

In terms of getting people to the site, what's the strategy that you're going to pursue for differentiating from other Cobra-related forums (this will be a key part of drawing people to the site and keeping them coming back)?

darren
01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I intended CobraRegistry.com to be a registry for all makes of cobras. My goal was to connect like minded owners so they could exchange information. I would like to see a friendly environment focusing on the lifestyle that goes along with cobra ownership. Let's face it, every possible thread about building a cobra has been done. This site, being new should give a fresh approach to new or potential owners. What I don't want is the rude know it all hijacking types to insult new members. Like Dean said "build it and the will come". I guess it's a wait and see on what will happen!

darren
01-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Www.talkcobra.com URL is live. Let's get the word out.

RedBarchetta
01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
The new URL is blocked by our Corporate IT dept....damn. Will I still be able to link into this through the old/existing one (like I am now)? Or will it go away at some point?

darren
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
The new URL is blocked by our Corporate IT dept....damn. Will I still be able to link into this through the old/existing one (like I am now)? Or will it go away at some point?

The old URL will stay in place. I just linked talkcobra.com to the existing site. Darren

RedBarchetta
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU!