PDA

View Full Version : London Cobra Show Raffle

darren
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys, Let's help out the LCS and buy some raffle tickets for a great cause and maybe you'll be the lucky winner.

LCS 2011 raffle car is well on its way! As a tribute to the late Richard Smith, this year’s London Cobra Show raffle car is a replica of Richard Smith's famous Competition Cobra, CSX 3035, otherwise known as “The Winningest 427 Cobra” and Number 198. Along with winning numerous races, Richard set the all-time top speed record in a Cobra roadster, being clocked at 198 mph on the road course at Daytona in 1967.

The Replica: Factory Five Racing Mark IV
The raffle car is a Factory Five Racing Mk4 kit assembled by the Ohio Cobra Club. Suspension is Thunderbird independent rear and front coil-overs. The drivetrain is a 427 center oiler mated to a Tremec 3550 5-speed transmission.

http://www.londoncobrashow.com/Images/RaffleCar/2011rafflecar3.jpg

darren
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I just bought mine. I wonder how many tickets have been sold? odds of winning?

Hey Ken, you should take some of the LS motor money and buy some tickets. darren

crASH
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Already got mine. Got a place in the garage all spiffed up for it, too.

rodneym
05-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I got mine.
And if I win, free time in the driver's seat for my friends on cobraregistry.com!!!
If that doesn't temp the Cobra gods, I don't know what will.

Darren, the software is making asterisks out of Richard Smith's name!!! Now that ain't right!

darren
05-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Darren, the software is making asterisks out of Richard Smith's name!!! Now that ain't right!

That was weird!!!! Hmmm I can't explain that one.

If I win it, I would enjoy it for a year and raffle it off again for charity. ( that should increase my odds)

rodneym
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Isn't the drawing coming up?

Who has entered?

darren
06-09-2011, 10:59 AM
The drawing is June 25th.. I entered with 5 chances.

rodneym
06-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Same here.
Is that all? Come on, people.
It's for a good cause.
Plus, I'm a hopeless dreamer.

crASH
06-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Made five donations myself. Only takes one to win.

joe wicked
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I bought some as well. Since I cannot afford to purchase a kit at this time, maybe I will get lucky. In truth, I figure the cause is worth the money, so I bought the tickets. I have never won anything and don't really expect to win here either. It would be nice though.

crASH
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
There's also a raffle for Superformance 1579. 410 CID SBF, fuel injected with five lug wheels. The drawing is on 8-1. They are selling only 2000 tickets at $100 a piece. Apparently a Dr is giving it to his church so they can raffle it off and use the cash as needed.

It's my other shot at a Cobra for fiscal 2011. Probably still a few tickets left.

Wonder how much it would cost someone to replace the five lug set up with pin drive wheels (hubs, 15" Vintage wheels/knockoffs with GY Billboards)

http://www.stjeromeclute.com/car-raffle-3/purchase-a-raffle-ticket/ (http://http://www.stjeromeclute.com/car-raffle-3/purchase-a-raffle-ticket/)

joe wicked
06-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Link doesn't work. Do you have any other information on it?

crASH
06-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Try this- I think I pasted the link incorrectly

http://www.stjeromeclute.com/car-raffle-3/purchase-a-raffle-ticket/

Ron77
06-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Joe,

You have to think positive. At least you have a chance and that is more than I think I have of ever getting the Coupe back. And to prove you have a chance the Coupe was built by DV for that raffle.

Ron

nomad
06-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Yup you gotta think positive.

Take me for example, I'm positive I won't win!!!!!

Cheers

joe wicked
06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
I didn't know you won the coupe in that raffle. That is pretty cool. I am hopeful and i do dream about it daily. I dream of driving up there to pick it up and all. Every little detail to parking at a hotel in a way to help keep it secure.

Ron77
06-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Joe,

I never won the Coupe. I bought it from the guy who did win it. He and several friends went back to the show and one of them bought 7 tickets I think it was and gave each one of them a ticket. And this ticket won. I am going to call today and bug Bill again about getting the darn thing back in running order as the Summer will be gone again before he does anything. I want it back running right and I love the air conditioning.

Ron

joe wicked
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Cool. I really hope he gets it done finally.

DBBrian
06-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Ron - I think there are quite a few of us rooting for you to get it back, and want to see a picture of you in that coupe!

Brian

joe wicked
06-19-2011, 05:34 AM
6 more days. I actually broke down and told my wife yesterday how bad I am still wanting it. I drove her crazy about it for years and have been trying to keep her from hating the car because I won't shut up about it.

crASH
06-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Two nights ago I dreamed that I was driving the FFR replica of **** Smith's Cobra.

Oh...and it drove GREAT with that 427FE.

crASH
06-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Joe- Since we are both obviously obsessing over this car, let's do the next best thing to winning it (NO, not stealing it :rolleyes:) but talking about it :D.

What do we know about this raffle car thus far? Available published info has been fairly thin, but that's okay. We'll look no gift horse straight in the mouth.

It has a center-oiler 427FE. Vintage unknown thus far.
Thunderbird IRS
front coil-overs
pin drive Halibrand style wheels with knock-offs.

Anybody else know any more about the build that's not readily apparent from the photos?

Thanks-

crASH

joe wicked
06-19-2011, 06:19 AM
I tried to find more details, but I couldn't. I hope one of us wins.

crASH
06-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Okay, so does anyone know what time the drawing is on Saturday? And more importantly, Joe, will you be getting any sleep tonight?

I was up in the wee hours the last two nights dealing with teenager crap, so I'll sleep like the dead tonight, provided I don't have any more "excitement" around here.

joe wicked
06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I have been tossing and turning thinking about the dang thing for the last 2 nights. I told my wife I will be glad when it is over. Either way whether I win or not, I will be glad it is over.

According the the schedule, it is at 9:15 PM. Here is the Schedule (http://www.londoncobrashow.com/Default.aspx?pt=PLO1&pid=25)

AC Bill
06-28-2011, 06:32 AM
So, did you win Joe?

If not, here's a special FFR is offering on the last two of the MKIII's. Good price, considering the frames are already powder coated, they come with the 3 link option, and body cut outs are already done..

oops..checked again this morning and I see they were sold..sorry..

joe wicked
06-28-2011, 06:49 AM
No, I asked Richard Smith's widow on Facebook and she said that a local Ohio woman won. She did not answer her phone when they called her Saturday night, and then she left so she did not know when they got in touch with her.

Silly filter did not like the common name for Richard.

AC Bill
06-28-2011, 05:56 PM
You mean it filtered out the name ****. what the **** is going on with the ******* filter when you can't write ****? Thats a stupid ******* filter if you ask me.:)

rodneym
06-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Watch it, AC Bill. ballbat in face
There's only so many four asterisk words.
And I know most of 'em.
;)