PDA

View Full Version : The Snake and the Stallion DVDs -- Half price, today through Sunday

SunDude
01-17-2013, 05:11 AM
I just received an email from Spirit Level Films which produced and distributes the excellent BBC documentary entitled, The Snake and the Stallion (formerly known as The Cobra Ferrari Wars) (http://www.spiritlevelfilm.com/films/motoring/snake.html).

From today until Jan 20 (Sun), 2013, you can buy this 2 DVD set for half price. Simply use the coupon code SLF50 at the checkout.

This code is good for all their other DVDs too.

http://www.spiritlevelfilm.com/components/com_virtuemart/show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=The_Snake_and_th _5048d20108531.png&newxsize=323&newysize=450&fileout=

James Stern
01-17-2013, 05:22 AM
A pretty decent compilation of information. Certainly worth the price.9::-

Ron77
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
I would like it if it just wasn't in Britain. I don't even know how to convert their price to dollars and the postage would wipe out the savings. Jim, while you are on vacation over there you can pick both of us up a copy of it if they still have any.

Ron :)

James Stern
01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Ron, I'll give it a try. I don't think they are in the stores. I get an email from Spirit from time to time. They didn't seem to have any problems sending me one. If I don't find one over there for you I'll just send you mine.

Jim

Ron77
01-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Jim,

It isn't that important. If you don't find one don't worry about it. I have plenty to do anyway..

Ron

James Stern
01-17-2013, 01:14 PM
I know you got plenty to do. I sure don't mind giving you my copy. I've seen it a couple of times and then put it away. Haven't watched it in a year.

Ron77
01-17-2013, 01:21 PM
OK, if your sure I would sure appreciate it. I will pay you fot it as soon as I get my computer bills paid.

Ron

James Stern
01-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Please see PM

SunDude
01-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Ron,

With the 50% discount, the 24.99 regular price becomes 12.49 which is equivalent to about $20.00 USD at today's exchange.

When I bought my copy a few years ago from a U.S. vendor, I paid about $39.95 USD plus shipping. The Canadian dollar was softer then so the cost to me was higher, but I didn't mind as this is one of the best Cobra shows ever made.

Sawdust
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Brian
Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order! Can't wait to watch it.

Stu.

Fredb
01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Question.........on the standard Ontarian keyboard, where is the placement of your money symbol, or don't you have one and have to utilize a special character font to type it?

now take it easy on me........i just learned to read and write....

Ron77
01-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Fred,

Just what is different on your keyboard than a regular one? I tried Googling it and couldn't fine anything but about some kind of videos and people that live in Ontario. Now I am curious about your keyboard. Picture please. Maybe ask Nomad and he will explain it to you. :crazy

Ron :confused:

Sawdust
01-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Fred
$ is above the #4 key. Are you reffering to the odd looking letter "L" that Brian has before 24.99?? if so that is the symbol for the British pound and I have no idea how he did that because it's not on my keyboard.

Ron77
01-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Lets see if this works. Not quite the same but what my character map gives for the pound sign.

I watched a program the other day and some guy brought in a pretty rough 2 pound coin. They asked him if he knew how the British pound got its name and he said no. According to them, and I don't know if this is true, but way back when they first started using the monetary system if you bought something that cost 3 pounds that meant you had to pay for it with 3 actual pounds of Silver. Sounds kind of strange to me but I know nothing about British money. If that were so I would love to watch some guy over there buy a new car and pay for it in actual pounds. :)

Ron

SunDude
01-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Question.........on the standard Ontarian keyboard, where is the placement of your money symbol, or don't you have one and have to utilize a special character font to type it?

now take it easy on me........i just learned to read and write....

Actually, all I did this time was copy-and-paste the UK price (w/British pound symbol) from the Spirit Level Films website. However, you can produce a whole bunch of special characters using ASCII codes: SEE HERE (http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-ascii-key-combos-and-chart.html).

Press and hold the ALT key as you type 156 on your keypad, and you'll get . Ta-daa!!

Works great for French characters, which comes in handy up here.

Fredb
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
yes, exactly what i meant was if you had a keyboard with that character on it, or were you choosing it from the list of ASCII characters, sorry my question was confusing........"I" knew what "I" meant =))

yes, i am familiar with using non-standard keyboard characters, was just wondering if the $ was forced upon other countries that do not use it for anything, and are there other keyboard types out there, i don't get out much.

while Canada uses the $ for their own currency, what about countries pre-EURO
and non-EURO. just a passing thought which will inevitably be forgotten upon some other flatulent thought or action on my part:crazy2

Ron77
01-19-2013, 01:16 AM
:crazy

Gee Fred, you can come up with come of the craziest things to wonder about. You need one of those fold up keyboards that you can roll up and put in your pocket. They make all kinds of weird things, especially if you lean against something and they start typing on your leg. =))

On the other hand that might be a good idea as you would have to take a bath to erase the mess. :crazy :crazy

Ron Rbun out

Ron77
01-24-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks James for sending me your copy of the Snake and The Stallion. I watched one of them yesterday when I had to go back to bed and will watch the other today.

Ron :)

James Stern
01-24-2013, 04:31 AM
Ron, I hope you enjoy them. ==)

Jim

Ron77
01-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Jim,

I am. They have some great cars in there and I loved watching that Cobra slide the rear end out about 6 inches as he passed the Ferrari on the corner.

Ron

James Stern
01-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Ron, There was some great footage in the dvd's. I enjoyed the commentary and story line.

Jim

Tmark390
01-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Wow is like the Cobra version of Netflix? sign me up I would love to see this but did not want to buy a copy - Promise to mail back when done???

btw - I checked netflix does not have it.(yt

Mark

bwcobra15
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
not sure if this was posted legally, but I just watched the entire 60 min episode on YouTube this past weekend :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYrncKrh2Gg

dafuser
01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Great video, the narrator and sound track really make it something special.

SunDude
02-22-2013, 05:24 AM
So it looks like Spirit Level Films is offering another half price special on its entire DVD library, including The Snake and the Stallion (formerly known as The Cobra Ferrari Wars). The promotion runs for this weekend only, and ends midnight Sunday (presumably UK time).

Simply enter the coupon code SLF50 at the checkout for the half price special.

Click here to see their entire library of motoring films: http://www.spiritlevelfilm.com/films/motoring.html

AC Bill
02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
not sure if this was posted legally, but I just watched the entire 60 min episode on YouTube this past weekend :

That video unfortunately, has now been terminated due to copy-write infringement..

If you do find a video on you tube, that you want to keep, (perhaps before it disappears), there is a way to download it to your PC. You need to download a software program first.
Here is one that will work..and it's free!

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-75219434.html